At their first meeting of the year, the Los Angeles Unified School District board members, in a 4-3 vote that went down along expected party lines, re-elected Monica Garcia as their president.
But rather than focusing on real issues, Richard Vladovic spent more than a few minutes discussing the Cameron Diaz movie, “Bad Teacher.” Really? It’s called fiction–meaning it’s not real. Honestly, given the state of education in Los Angeles these days, even a little off color humor is better than the reality we face. As for the movie influencing the opinions of children, the district has influenced the students opinions of the profession worse than any movie could.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Tagsaffiliated charter AP attendance calendar CEAC charter Council of Council Crescendo Deasy Donors Choose DWP early college education commission ELAC ethics Facebook HGM interim Jamie Oliver Josephson LACES lunch program magnet Millikan open enrollment PCAC Performance Meter principal Roy Romer Sacramento San Fernando SAS SBM school board school choice school lunch senior prank social media social promotion summer testing Twitter underpants gnomes valley middle schools Wasserman Foundation