I’m a mom of two with ties to LAUSD dating back to 1995 when my son entered kindergarten. Since that time, we’ve utilized magnet, open enrollment, and even turned down magnet openings. My son is a successful LAUSD graduate, who took advantage of a near full ride scholarship and is now a fiber optics engineer. And my second act with LAUSD is my daughter, a sixth grader at a high performing Valley SAS program.
It’s not a perfect district, but it is possible to have an excellent experience within LAUSD.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
Tagsaffiliated charter AP attendance calendar CEAC charter Council of Council Crescendo Deasy Donors Choose DWP early college education commission ELAC ethics Facebook HGM interim Jamie Oliver Josephson LACES lunch program magnet Millikan open enrollment PCAC Performance Meter principal Roy Romer Sacramento San Fernando SAS SBM school board school choice school lunch senior prank social media social promotion summer testing Twitter underpants gnomes valley middle schools Wasserman Foundation